
Today was C’s very first dentist appointment. I was a little worried that she would sit there with her mouth clamped shut but she did a great job. The office is decorated with fancy bugs painted on the walls and very kid friendly. The hygienist was very patient with C and showed her all of the utensils. She even showed C how to squirt a plant and let her squirt water in her mouth. She was still apprehensive until the lady said she could have a princess toothbrush if she cleaned her teeth. From that point on C would follow directions and open her mouth. Granted her mouth wasn’t open wide, but it was enough.
My favorite part was when the dentist told me not to worry about the thumb sucking. I have heard from all of my friends that dentist don’t like that. Ours didn’t mind as long as she stops before her permanent teeth come in. Yeah! I bet he does orthodontics too and knows in the long run it’s better for him. Tee Hee!
No comments:
Post a Comment