Thursday, July 5, 2012

Oh What a Difference

I have been the mother of a sweet little girl for 8 years.  A little girl whose personality can be every little bit of me. C's personality has always been shy and timid. (Okay, maybe not every bit of me...)  She loves all things girly!  She is very motherly is loves trying to take care of M.  C is my partner in crime.  She drives to and from school with me, shops with me, and our favorite, gets her nails done with me.
Trying on my old prom dress.  

New haircut with fancy curls.  Can't you see the excitement in her face!?!
And then there is M.  Nearly four years ago, I became the mother of a boy.  A boy who is every bit like his father.  Who has NO fear and loves all things fast!  M has always had a special love of creatures.  This summer, it has reached a new high!  We currently have about three lizards and nine toads living in our back yard.  Every day, M heads out back and has to catch at least something!  At one point I came out to find about five large toads stuffed into one small bug catcher and M trying to figure out out to open the hatch and stuff the lizard in his hand into the box with the frogs.  At that point, we had to set down some rules.  
And I thought 2 fat frogs in a small box was a lot...

Today I took M to the pet store and he chose some crickets to feed the frogs and lizards that he has been catching.  I see it as an apology for the torture M gives them on daily basis and a plea for them to stay.  As soon as we got home, we went straight out back and the lizards and the frogs were right there waiting.  M wasted no time reaching into the bag, grabbing the crickets, and letting them go. It was quite a treat to see the frogs gulping down some crickets, but it was even more exciting when M caught a lizard, who just so happened to be munching one of his crickets.     

Watching the lizard eat.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mommy! I hope yall are enjoying summer, it sure looks like it.