Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Sweet C is a Big Girl!

These last two weeks have been CRAZY! I am shocked at how fast my little girl is growing up. In the last month we have had so many changes!

1. She is now speaking to adults and saying please and thank you. This is all I ask when one of my friends or a familiar adult speaks to her.

2. She no longer sucks her thumb. It seemed that her thumb and lamb went hand and hand. If she had the thumb, she was sucking the thumb. As a matter of fact, Lamby is on the entertainment center in a special place. She hasn't even looked for him in a couple of days. I just knew that when it came to the thumb it was going to be a big deal. That's why I waited so long to fight that battle. I think that she was ready. We had started leaving the lamb affectionately called Dirty Lamby in the car, then at the house. Next we printed out a chart and she earned a sticker for every day she did not suck her thumb. The deal was that every week she would get a small prize and at the end she would get her ears pierced. That was two weeks ago and she never looked back. Her thumb is even starting to look better!

3. Today, she got her ears pierced. Mike and I threw the idea out this morning and she was all for it! She waited, and not very patiently I might add, all day. The two of us went to the specialty store she loves so much because a friend recommended it. She picked the most simple silver hearts. I just knew she was going to go for the rhinestone flowers! You can tell by the pics that she was a little nervous, but it was all over in a couple of minutes with no tears! (Well okay, maybe I teared up a little.) She hopped out of the seat and headed right for the stuffed animals since she felt she had earned a treat! I think she missed the idea that the ear piercing WAS the treat!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So grown up! (Sniff!)