Monday, August 24, 2009

My Little KinderGator!



This school year is starting off very different. For starters, I am not on maternity leave! What a difference a few weeks make at the beginning of the year. The next, and biggest thing, is I now have a buddy in the car with me all the way to school. My sweet C is officially a KinderGator as we call them at our school. Here is my version of the story.



Wendy:
Walk out to the car and find the rose and the card my sister left for C on the car. Burst into tears because this is the exact thing our grandmother would do for the first day of school every year. We were so lucky to live next store to them then, and my sister now!

Pull it together and take M to the daycare.

Arrive at school and get settled. Take a couple of pictures and then take C to HER very own class! Take a few pictures.

We saw each other in the cafeteria, and at recess. I couldn't help but hug and kiss her just because I could.

Wait for my sweet C to come from teacher care to tell me all about her day. She came to my class escorted by Mrs. Wenske, one of my friends who gladly brought her my way. I feel so blessed to have eyes looking our for her all over the school.



C:
Get out of bed grumpy because I am too excited to sleep. (Both times I checked she was snoring!)

Find a surprise on my car door which makes everything better!

Take brother to daycare and head for our school.

Take pictures, go to my class and wait because I am the first one there.

Sing songs and play.

*Realize I can't wait on my mom to help me with my lunch. Must ask another teacher on my side of the cafeteria.* Most important lesson learned today. :)

Play some more and then meet my mom!

When asked her favorite part of the day... I got to play all day! I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I love it! It's awesome that C's in school with you. I LOVED having S with me in Kinder and First and I really miss it.

She'll become the Rock Star of the school now because she's such a doll and everyone will know she's your kid. :)