Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sea World 2010

Whew!  What a trip!  The kiddos and I just got back from a trip to Sea World in San Antonio.  We were lucky enough to go with Grammy, Aunt Kristin and our little cousin D.  We were sad because Mike, Uncle Sean, and Poppy had to work, but we still maganed to have a good time.  M and I had a most amazing dolpin encountor.  But more about that later.  :)

On Thursday afternoon we played by the pool and let the little ones nap.  After that we headed over to the park to catch a few shows.  We really enjoyed the Azul show with the Baluga whales, Pacific White-sided Dolphins, divers, and birds.  The kiddos can now tell you what a Baluga whale says.  You will have to ask them next time you see them.  C was amazed by the show and tried very hard to get a bird to land on her finger!  After that we headed over to see Shamu and the other killer whales.  Both of these shows had babies that were in the shows along side their moms.  I think that was an added bonus. 

On Friday we got up bright and early to have breakfast with Elmo and some other characters.  On the way we stopped at the dolphin tank to say good morning.  Max and I were the last ones left when a dolphing jumped right up on the side so that M and I could see it and I could give it a good rub all over his back.  M loved it and kept saying RIDE?!?  RIDE?!?!  I was amazed at this personal one-on-one encountor.  I so wish C could have been closer and had the same experience.  We did make time to feed them later, but she still couldn't quite reach!  Breakfast with Elmo was great fun for the kiddos.  I think M enjoyed them from a distance. He would ocasionally give a hi-five, but that was about it.  I couldn't keep track of C who had a blast loving on the characters eventhough she is a bit to old! 

The rest of the day we spent visiting penguins and riding rides with a quick trip to the pool.    C and Grammy closed the park down while Aunt Kristin and I took the little ones back for a nap. 

We had a great adventure and can't wait to take Mike back!  Thanks Grammy! 

No comments: