Sunday, November 4, 2012

Where to Start.........

As you can tell by the date of my last post, it has been a while! Our family is finally getting settled after what I would describe as a whirlwind summer. Yes, I know it is November, but summer is where it all began!


At the end of last school year, Mike and I had a long conversation. We decided to make a GIANT change for our family and move back "home" to be closer to family. I started the process by applying in school districts nearby and packing up the house. We painted, repaired, and updated our house while waiting to hear about a job opening. That was not an easy process, but with a lot of help, it was slowly getting done.

The summer was slowly passing by, and I was beginning to give up hope on our big move, when all of a sudden, my mom received word of a possible opening at a nearby school. I called, book an interview, and was given a job offer within a couple of days. This was it! Our lives were about to change.

Our first home!

We finished odd projects around the house and got it on the market late one Friday night. I felt very blessed when we had a contract by Monday! Now, we were all set…well, not exactly! The kids and I had started a new school, we had found a new house, but for the time being, we had no place to live. My parents graciously took in and fed, Mike, myself, C, M, our 2 dogs, cat, hamster and tree frogs. It was a tight fit for a while, but it all worked out in the end.

Pajama day at our new school! 
We are now into November and the boxes are still being unpacked. We all miss our lives in SL very much. We left behind friends at great schools, our family traditions, and our first house, but, slowly, we are feeling more and more at home in LP.  We are blessed to have a wonderful new house, and family very near to us.  It can only get better from here!

Our first Halloween in our new home.  Cousin D came with us!

No comments: