Monday, January 28, 2008

Nothing to blog about... until now!


It has been quite a while since I have blogged. We have had a whole lot of nothing going on. That is until this week.

I will start with last Monday. My baby girl brought me to tears when we were playing around writing and she wrote her name all by herself. She has been able to verbally say it for a long time, but I was totally un-prepared for the writing! She then went on to write Mom and almost Dad with me helping her spell. (Although the kinder teacher in me wanted her to sound it out I do know she isn't ready for that.) It is just a reminder how fast she is growing up. Which is why I am finally glad the next on is on the way! :)

The rest of the week has been boring and restless because Mike came down with the flu, C came down with Strep and Scarlet fever and I have had to spend my time trying to have little to no contact with both of them. Mike even spent his birthday without a big celebration with family so that we don't pass it along. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

On a sad note for Cowgirl C, the pony she always rode passed away last week. Susie was the best horse. She was shorter than me and very calm. Susie was an excellent horse for all of the kiddos to ride. We will miss her come next barrel racing season. :) Her daughter Cici is being broken in right now, but is quite a bit taller than Susie. I guess my sweet C will have to get used to riding a big horse now.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. When is #2 arriving? I really had my fingers crossed that J would get you for K next year. Are you still going to be working?