Monday, January 19, 2009

A long day in La Porte

Mike and I are both from La Porte. Our jobs, when we were married, brought us to where we are now. I love where we live and the friends we have; but having our families "back home" means frequent trips to LP. We usually try and do both sets of grandparents in one day so we don't have to make the drive more than once. It just tends to make for a long day that we don't mind having. We had a great time visiting with Grammy, Poppy, Auntie Frita, Silly Sean, and little cousin Delaney. I think this is a great pic with my new camera. (Thanks grammy and poppy) I think C's favorite part is that she got to take home some of grammy's home made macaroni! Yesterday we even added a visit to my cousin's house to visit her family and new set of twins. I am glad C is madly in love with her brother, because I am sure she would of traded one boy for two girls! At Marmo and Daddo's house C did the usual dragging around of my parents. My parents recently built C and M a really cool tree house. (The one I always wanted growing up! TEE HEE) Hurricane Ike made it possible for my dad to redo his shed into the bigger version he has been wanting. He and C have spent their last few visits painting it with fairies, fancy clouds, and flowers. It even has a swing! C is going to be very sad when it comes time to put the lawnmower and other yard stuff inside! I wonder if it will have to be re-painted when M gets bigger and has a say?!?



It was a long day, but a great visit.

No comments: